Adorn your next baking project with printable cupcake wrappers.
Decorative Cupcake Wrappers
The fancy, laser-cut wrappers you see for cupcakes at your craft or kitchen store help produce professional cake decorating results without a lot of fuss. However, they can be expensive to purchase if you have a lot of cupcakes to cover. Instead, use the Internet to find and purchase (or get free) a few designs that will decorate your cupcakes for a lower cost.
Ideas for Wrappers
The wrappers that you print at home are perfect for busy people or those who have beginning decorating skills. Try doing the following with them:
- Printing a holiday design, perfect for a school party, family gathering or fundraising bake sale
- Matching the wrapper's design colors to the buttercream frosting you top the cupcake with
- Skipping the extensive frosting details and instead just making a simple swirl design, letting the wrappers the biggest design element
- Cutting the top of the wrappers with scrapbooking scissors for a scalloped edge
- Displaying on a clear acrylic cupcake holder so the decorative wrappers are not covered
The ideas for using your wrappers are endless. A fun, red plaid pattern is perfect for a summer picnic dessert, while an elegant rose motif or damask would look stunning at a wedding. They are also a great way to dress up cupcakes for a child's birthday party, at a baby shower or for a wedding shower.
Printable Wrapper Tips
Most of the printable wrappers come with instructions, making them easy to print and use. Remember to keep these things in mind as you work with the wrappers:
- Most wrappers are made to fit standard cupcakes, unless otherwise specified. If you want to make mini-cupcakes or extra-large cupcakes, you might need to alter the wrappers in an editing program. Check to see if this is possible or allowed before purchasing.
- Use cardstock for your wrappers, as regular printing paper may be too flimsy.
- Double check that your printer is working properly and has plenty of black and colored ink cartridges before you send multiple wrappers to print.
- Print off a test sheet to see how the wrapper looks before you print off the number that you need.
- Some wrappers do not come with bottoms, so you will still need to bake your cupcakes in a regular wrapper and then cover that one in your printed wrapper. Use a plain wrapper or one that coordinates with the design on the printed wrapper for best results.
- If you are printing a wrapper with a bottom, make sure no ink touches the actual cupcakes, so they stay safe for consumption.
- Save your downloaded wrappers with a name and in a place that you will remember.
Find Printable Cupcake Wrappers
The printable cupcake wrapper projects you find are downloadable, so you can use them immediately. Simply place in your cart to purchase. Some wrappers might require you to use a photo editing or graphics editing program or have a program that reads PDF files. The wrappers are usually found at online paper and party supply sites or stationary sites, like these:
Bloggers often produce free printable cupcake wrappers. You can find a few ready for printing at Food Art Party. For a free digital cupcake template, head over to Skip to my Lou. Included with the digital template are helpful step-by-step instructions for using it with editing software.
If you have computer design skills, you can create your own cupcake wrapper and/or template perfect for using with your cupcakes. Otherwise, you can always get out your measuring tape, scissors and scrapbooking paper to cut out a wrapper on your own if you are not comfortable with making them on the computer.
Cupcake wrappers are an easy way to make a statement if you do not have the time or skills to decorate cupcakes for your next social event. Printable ones make getting customized wrappers easy.